The following is a brief summary of grants made by the Board of Trustees in Spring 2020::
Recent Grants from Spring 2020 and Fall 2020
- Connecticut Fund for the Environment received $2500 for removal of the Alewife Cove Dam
- Hurricane Island Foundation received $3000 for safety equipment for thier program vessels
- Lowell's Maritime Foundation received $3600 for scholarships to their summer programt
- Long Live the Kings received $5509 for an innovative salmon tracking program for the Duwamish river
- Northwest School of Wooden Boat Building received $5000 for completion and initial use of "Clean Bay" an ZERO emission boat to be used for marine pumpout
- Ocean Wide Inc. received $5000 for tooling and sfety gear for a test tank
- Rozalia Project Inc received $2500 for needed battery replacement with environmentally appropriate batteries
- Sail Sand Point received $5000 to repower safety boats with electric motors.
- Save the Bay received $2779 for lifejackets
- Sea Education Association received $4900 to purchase a replacement Achilles Inflatable Boat
- The Salvation Army received $800 for the purchase of spinal boards
- Toronto Brgantine Inc. grant request is pending more information
- Storm Trysail Foundation received $5,000 to support their inaugural Sailing Leadership Symposium
- Hudson River Community Sailing received $10,000 to support hands-on learning to develop, build, and study artificial marine life habitats in New York Harbor.
- Coral Reef Alliance received $8,000 to help fund citizen science data collectionproject to help preserve and protect the coral reefs in Hawaii.
- SailMaine received $3,200 to purchase solar power energy solution to provide a reliable power source for safety and radio equipment.